Dr Mohammed Awad is a UK and Australian-trained Neurosurgeon. He is a full member of the Royal college of Surgeons of England and The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, and is a leader and global educator in surgeries on brain tumours, complex spinal (robotic) surgery, computer and ultrasound guided surgery and complex pain surgeries amongst many others.
Dr Awad undertook his medical school and Neurosurgery training in the United Kingdom. He trained and gained expertise in some of the leading neurosurgical centres in London and Australia, and deriving experience in a diverse range of areas in brain and spinal surgery. He has been granted Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons and the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Dr Awad has completed subspecialty fellowship training in spinal surgery and neuro-oncology. Dr Awad applies the latest state-of-the-art techniques, including minimally invasive surgery and artificial disc replacement, as well as robotic spinal surgery, to the treatment of a range of spinal conditions, including disc prolapse, degenerative spinal disease, tumours, and spinal trauma. He is also a world leader in the removal of brain tumours using high-tech intra-operative techniques to make for safer surgery.
Dr Awad prides himself on providing every patient timely, compassionate and personalised care of the highest standard.
- Robotic spinal surgery
- Ultrasound & navigation guided brain tumour surgery
- Pain surgery including facial pain surgery
Spinal & Peripheral Nerve Surgery:
- Complex & keyhole spinal surgery
- Cervical and lumbar disc arthroplasty
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve surgery
Brain & Spinal Tumours:
- Glioma surgery – computer guided
- Metastatic brain tumours – navigation guided
- Meningiomas – computer aided.
Education & Training:
- BSc Neuroscience (HONS) – UK
- MBChB (HONS) – UK
- MPhil – UK
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), UK
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
Approach to Patient Care:
- Individualised and bespoke care
- Patient dignity and compassion
Additional Languages Spoken: