Dr Cochrane is a New Zealand and Australian trained neurosurgeon and spinal surgeon who specialises in the treatment of spinal conditions, brain tumours, and peripheral nerve disorders.
He regularly attends and presents at scientific meetings, surgeon training symposiums, and international neurosurgery and spinal surgery workshops.
Dr Cochrane is also actively involved in the design and development of spinal implant technologies.
He prides himself in proactively involving patients in their care, by taking the time to fully explain conditions and treatment options, with the use of educational and video resources. This ensures treatment will not only be of the highest standard, but tailored to the patient’s specific needs.
Clinical Interest Include:
- Complex degenerative and reconstructive spinal surgery
- Disc prolapse and spinal stenosis
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Brain tumours
Spinal and Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Cervical and lumbar spine surgery
- Thoracolumbar reconstruction surgery
- Keyhole and complex spinal surgery
- Carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve surgery
Brain and Spinal Tumours
- Gliomas, Metastases, Meningiomas
Approach to Patient Care
- Patient specific treatments
- Patient focused
- All surgical and non-surgical treatments explained
Education and Training
- BSc, Canterbury University, NZ
- MBChB, The University of Otago, NZ
- FRACS Neurosurgery
- Fellowships in Complex Spinal Surgery, SA & NSW
- Semi-urgent appointments
- Workcover and Motor Accident patients
- Medicolegal opinions
Precision Queensland Brain, Spine & Pain Centre
- Integrated clinical care
- Neurosurgery and spinal surgery
- Pain medicine