Dr Shahram Sadeghi is a graduate of Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine (Royal Australasian College of Physicians).
He previously worked overseas as a specialist for 11 years:
- In different settings as a consulting physician (private and public sectors)
- As a research assistant professor where he published international manuscripts, mostly on muskuloskeletal pain (in musicians, workers, on fibromyalgia) and electrodiagnostic medicine (nerve conduction studies and electromyography)
Dr Sadeghi moved to Australia from Tehran in 2014 and has worked in different hospitals including most recently the Royal Melbourne Hospital between Feb 2014 and late 2018 when he joined Precision Brain, Spine and Pain Centre.
Dr Sadeghi’s expertise/interests include:
- Electrodiagnostic studies (nerve conduction studies, electromyography)
- Acute and subacute muskuloskeletal pain such as neck and back pain, upper and lower limb pain syndromes
- Disc herniation and radiculopathies, including sciatica and brachialgia
- Pain affecting performing artists and athletes
- Peripheral nerve conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Myofascial Pain syndrome and related therapeutic interventions
- Rehabilitation of disabling conditions such as stroke, chronic pain, and de-conditioning via a multli-disciplinary approach
Dr Sadeghi is fluent in English and Persian/Farsi/Dari and is happy to see all patients regardless of their insurance status, including uninsured patients and Workcover/TAC.
He prides himself on an excellent bedside manner, detailed clinical evaluation, and the integration of specialist clinical medicine, neurophysiological analysis, and multidisciplinary care.